Jefferson City Catastrophic Injury Lawyer
Permanently Disabled? Our Catastrophic Injury Lawyer in Jefferson City Can Help
Catastrophic injuries change lives. These are injuries which permanently alter a person’s life and can have profound changes on families and careers. At Call & Gentry Law Group, LLC, we work closely with accident victims and their families following a catastrophic injury. We understand the challenges that patients face getting the medical care they need. These injuries are expensive, and few people have the resources to pay for their medical care out of pocket. Please contact our law firm today. Our Jefferson City catastrophic injury lawyers are standing by to review whether you can file a personal injury claim for compensation.
Why Choose Call & Gentry?
There are a lot of Jefferson City personal injury law firms that are fighting for your personal injury cases. They will do anything to get your money, but we just want to make sure that you and your family are taken care of. Call & Gentry Law Firm will do everything to make sure that you get the maximum compensation possible! Here are just a few other reasons why you should only use Call & Gentry:
- You can rely on our experience. We have helped clients suffering all sorts of bodily injuries, including catastrophic injuries.
- You are never just a number. Other firms offer assembly-line services. Not us. We treat the whole person and understand the unique challenges you face.
- You can afford us. We don’t charge upfront legal fees but work on a contingency fee basis. You can afford our world-class experience with no upfront cost.
- You deserve the best. Catastrophic injuries are very expensive, and you need a lawyer who knows how to maximize your compensation in a settlement.
Catastrophic Injuries in Jefferson City
Our clients suffer catastrophic injuries in a variety of accidents, including car crashes, slip and falls, workplace accidents, truck collisions, and pedestrian accidents. A catastrophic injury can lead to crippling pay and prevent someone from ever working again. Here is some of our experience with different catastrophic injuries:
Burns can vary by depth and size. A small, shallow burn can probably heal in a few months without serious complications. But a third- or fourth-degree burn can require surgery, skin grafts, and around-the-clock antibiotics to prevent infection. Severe burns might also lead to amputated limbs.
The location of the burn matters as well. Burns on joints severely limit movement, and victims might need surgery to loosen the skin and rehabilitation to regain their old range of movement.
Traumatic Brain Injuries
Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) are usually caused by a blow to the head or body. These injuries are difficult to diagnose because the skull is often intact. However, the movement of the brain inside the skull can lead to certain impairments involving:
- Balance or coordination
A concussion is a mild TBI which can heal in a matter of months. But moderate or severe TBIs can send someone to the intensive care unit. Patients often require years of physical therapy and rehabilitation, and many will suffer permanent injuries. At least 57% of those who suffer a moderate TBI still have a disability 5 years later. Many suffer with joblessness and other problems.
Many victims lose a limb in a traumatic accident. Sometimes, emergency personnel must amputate a limb to prevent crush syndrome, which can be fatal.
Amputations dramatically alter lives. In addition to physical limitations, victims often suffer severe emotional distress at losing a body part. Some even experience pain in the phantom limb.
Nerve injuries lead to chronic pain and muscle weakness. Nerve damage is often hard to diagnose, and treatment options might be limited. When facial nerves are injured, a victim can suffer permanent disfigurement and the inability to express emotions.
Facial injuries can lead to permanent blindness. Many people are blinded by defective products, medical errors, or workplace accidents. For example, a fire could permanently blind a person.
Spinal Cord Injuries
The spinal cord connects distant limbs to the brain, and any damage to the cord can result in major impairments, including loss of sensation or paralysis. Even incomplete spinal cord injuries might cause pain, impaired movement, and depression.
These are difficult injuries to treat. A complete spinal cord injury often results in permanent paralysis. But even if you retain some movement, grueling physical therapy is necessary to maintain your mobility and independence.
Can You Sue for Compensation?
You can sue if your catastrophic injury was caused by someone else’s negligent or reckless conduct. Many victims have no idea whether they can sue. They are overwhelmed by their medical needs, and family members often suffer intense stress and depression. Fortunately, our firm is available to help victims and their families. Let a catastrophic injury lawyer at Call & Gentry analyze whether you can file a claim. We have had success in the following situations:
We have had success in the following situations:
- A negligent driver struck you
- A drunk or distracted trucker crashed into you
- You slipped and fell due to a dangerous condition on someone’s property, like ice or spilled water
- A dog violently attacked you
- Heavy materials at your work fell on your limbs and crushed them
- A workplace accident resulted in blindness
- Defective products blew up and caused burns or other injuries
These are only some of the accidents that warrant a personal injury case lawsuit. There may be others. In fact, spouses sometimes have their own “loss of consortium” claim, which they can bring when their spouse is seriously injured. Contact our personal injury lawyers to see if you can bring a legal claim for compensation.
Will the Compensation That I Receive Pay for All My Medical Bills?
Personal injury victims go through a lot of challenges following personal injuries. The compensation that your experienced personal injury attorney fights for will almost always be at least enough, if not more than enough to cover all of your medical treatments, hospital bills, and all other economic damages that come up. You also might be able to see compensation for non-economic and punitive damages. Your MO personal injury lawyer will help you understand what you can or can’t seek compensation for through your claim. Contact us today for that FREE consultation!
We Have the Experience You Need
Our team of personal injury attorneys have decades of experience seeking compensation for catastrophic injuries:
- Past medical care, such as emergency surgery, doctor visits, prescription medication, and ambulance transportation to the hospital.
- Future medical care, including future surgeries, rehabilitation, speech therapy, prescription drugs, and at-home care.
- Lost income, if you can’t work while receiving medical treatment for your catastrophic injury.
- Loss of earning capacity, when catastrophic injuries keep you from returning to your old job and cost you income going forward.
- Past and future pain and suffering for the physical pain and inconvenience suffered.
- Past and future emotional distress and mental anguish.
Contact our Jefferson City Catastrophic Injury Lawyer
If you’ve suffered a serious injury, please contact Call & Gentry today. We will gladly review the circumstances of your injury and determine whether you can seek a settlement. Our legal team has helped hundreds of people with their personal injury claims, and we are eager to hear your story. Contact us to schedule a free consultation.
- Personal Injury & Wrongful Death
- Professional Licensing
- Family Law
- Family Law Mediation
- Criminal Law
- Jefferson City Business Litigation Lawyer
- Business & Corporate Law
- Governmental Relations & Contracts
- Unfair Wage & Labor Practices
- Litigation & Appellate Work
- Defense of Window & Door Manufacturers
- Missouri Medical Malpractice Defense
- Workers’ Compensation
Jason was great! Sheila, your communication was awesome!
Overall Excellent - not enough words to express how appreciative we are of you. You didn't treat us "clients." Please stay in touch Jason. We consider you a friend! ”
E.S. and B.S.
This was the first time I needed a lawyer, and the best experience!
It was a long process but Jason (and of course Sheila) were amazing! Thank you so much!
2nd Largest Settlement in the entire state of Missouri