Jefferson City Family Lawyer
Helping Mid-Missouri Families with Divorce, Child Custody, Modification and Adoption
Family Law Attorneys
At Call & Gentry Law Group, we are privileged to have one of the best Missouri family law attorneys, Emily Fretwell! Emily is renowned for zealous representation of her family law clients, outstanding legal brief writing, seeing the big picture, and paying attention to the details that impact families facing divorce, child custody disputes, and more!
As a parent, she understands how important it is to consider children when representing individuals in a divorce. Where emotions may run high and tempers may flare, a voice of experience and calm control can make a tremendous difference in the ultimate outcome. If you have a family law matter of your own, contact us today for a high quality consultation!
Experience Handling High Net Worth Divorces
Emily Fretwell, a mid-Missouri native, has direct experience representing family law clients from a multitude of economic backgrounds. Some of the most difficult divorces, however, involve high net worth divorces where significant assets are at stake. Some examples of difficult high net worth divorces include:
- One spouse brought a large inheritance to the marriage
- One spouse put the other through medical school
- The couple together has built a thriving business but the marriage has crumbled
Regardless of the circumstances, our team at Call & Gentry can take on the most difficult of cases. With a diverse educational background, we know how to smell out foul play and expose hidden assets.
Our team will engage in written discovery — tools used by the attorney to track down all assets of the marriage, whether they be hidden bank accounts, stocks, retirement accounts, or money tucked away by “shady accounting.” If necessary, we know when to hire experts to appraise assets or offer opinions to fairly value assets of the marriage.
Our Law Firm can help with your Mid-Missouri Adoption
Ready to grow your family through adoption? Because we deal with lots of different family law disputes, we can help you make important decisions and help you navigate through the challenging legal landscape of bringing a child into your family through adoption.
Our legal professional will explain the process in plain language and map out the various decisions that need to be made to limit your stress and increase the joy in growing your family. Contact out law office today to find answers to your questions!
We Provide Child Custody Representation in Jefferson City and Throughout Mid-Missouri
The family law team at Call & Gentry Law Group provides child custody representation in Jefferson City and throughout Mid-Missouri. Our attorneys understand the emotional and complex nature of child custody disputes and are dedicated to protecting the best interests of our clients and their children. We offer personalized and compassionate representation to help our clients navigate the legal process and find a solution that works for their specific situation. Custody cases largely fall under state law. Here are some key things to know about child custody in Missouri:
- Both Physical and Legal Custody Must Be Determined: In Missouri, custody refers to two distinct concepts: Physical custody and legal custody. Physical custody means physical control of the child. On the other hand, legal custody is decision-making authority. Physical and legal custody may be shared, separate, or some combination of the two.
- Missouri is a Best Interests of the Child Jurisdiction: If there is a legal dispute over child custody in Missouri, the matter will be adjudicated by determining what is in the best interests of the kid(s). The health, safety, and overall well-being of a child always get first priority in any custody case.
- Joint Custody is Favored in the State—But Sole Custody Can Be Awarded: It is public policy in Missouri that joint custody—at least in some form—should be presumed to be in the best interests of the child. While sole custody could be granted to either the mother or father when appropriate, courts typically start with a presumption of shared custody.
Help in Jefferson City with Modification of Your Prior Divorce Decree
Let’s face it. Sometimes, divorce cases are not decided in a way that seems fair to all involved. When that happens, one side or the other may feel angry, frustrated, upset, and overwhelmed by the outcome. Divorce decrees may require a divorcing spouse to pay child support or spousal maintenance for extended periods of time or have specific guidelines on custody of children.
As time goes on, however, changes in circumstances may cause the original divorce decree to become even more unfair and one-sided. Call & Gentry Law Group can seek a motion to modify these decrees based on changed circumstances since the original divorce, and thereby correct the fundamental unfairness. Our experience is the difference.
Our Family Law Team is Committed to Helping Clients Find Amicable Solutions
Our family law team in Jefferson City, Missouri is dedicated to helping clients find amicable solutions to their disputes. We understand the complexities and challenges of family law issues and strive to provide a low-conflict approach in order to minimize stress and emotional turmoil for all parties involved. However, we are also fully prepared to litigate when necessary to protect our clients’ rights and interests. You deserve personalized legal representation from your lawyer.
Why Choose the Mid-Missouri Family Lawyer at Call & Gentry Law Group
Going through a family law case is never easy. Whether it is a divorce, custody issue, modification case, adoption, or any other matter, it is not unusual to feel stressed out and to have questions. At Call & Gentry Law Group, we are here to protect your rights. Our attorney Emily Fretwell is an experienced family law advocate. She knows how to get results. When you contact us our at our Jefferson City law office, you will have a chance to consult with a Missouri family lawyer who can:
- Hear your story and answer questions about your family law case;
- Advise you on your rights, responsibilities, and options under Missouri law;
- Investigate the matter, securing the evidence to support your case;
- Represent you in any family law settlement negotiations; and
- Develop a customized approach to ensure that you are able to get the best outcome.
Contact Our Jefferson City Family Law Attorney for a Private Case Evaluation
At Call & Gentry Law Group, our Missouri family law lawyer provides personalized, solutions-driven guidance and support to clients. Call today to speak with our family law attorney Emily Fretwell by calling 573-644-6090 or email us at email@example.com. She is an amazingly experienced family law attorney and has helped many families with a wide variety of family law matters. Give her a call today! With an office in Jefferson City, we serve communities throughout the area.
- Personal Injury & Wrongful Death
- Professional Licensing
- Family Law
- Family Law Mediation
- Criminal Law
- Jefferson City Business Litigation Lawyer
- Business & Corporate Law
- Governmental Relations & Contracts
- Unfair Wage & Labor Practices
- Litigation & Appellate Work
- Defense of Window & Door Manufacturers
- Missouri Medical Malpractice Defense
- Workers’ Compensation
Jason was great! Sheila, your communication was awesome!
Overall Excellent - not enough words to express how appreciative we are of you. You didn't treat us "clients." Please stay in touch Jason. We consider you a friend! ”
E.S. and B.S.
This was the first time I needed a lawyer, and the best experience!
It was a long process but Jason (and of course Sheila) were amazing! Thank you so much!
2nd Largest Settlement in the entire state of Missouri
3219 Emerald Lane Ste 1000, Jefferson City, MO 65109
MAP & DIRECTIONS