Columbia Truck Accident Lawyer
Call Gentry: The Law Firm to Call after a Columbia, MO Truck Accident
Truck accidents change lives. In addition to leaving motorists with overwhelming bodily injuries, truck accidents traumatically injure the mental health of truck accident victims and their families. Overcoming a Columbia truck accident requires a top truck accident lawyers team, insurance policy and a seasoned truck accident lawyer, who can jump in and make sure your legal right to compensation is protected.
At Call & Gentry Law Group, LLC, we know that negligent truckers cause most of these car accidents. Our clients should not suffer financially when a fatigued or distracted trucker crashes his truck into their car. For your legal assistance now, please call our firm to speak with an experienced attorney of our team.
Compensation for Your Columbia, MO Truck Accident
Truck accidents are expensive. Many truck crash victims stagger beneath extraordinary medical bills at a moment when they cannot work due to their pain and physical limitations from a truck crash. These truck accident crash victims need compensation, and the lawyers at Call & Gentry will do everything to obtain economic and non-economic damages recover compensation for truck accident injuries.
Economic damages include things like:
- Car and other property damage
- Medical bills to treat your injuries
- Rehabilitation and future medical expenses
- Lost income or wages
- Loss of earning capacity
We seek full compensation for medical attention and any out-of-pocket economic loss. Share with our lawyers any proof of your own medical expenses, insurance company, care, property damage, and paystubs.
We also pursue and seek compensation for non-economic damages, such serious injuries as:
- Emotional distress
- Mental anguish
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Physical pain
- Loss of sensation and enjoyment of life
- Loss of consortium
Our Truck Accident Attorneys Add Immediate Value to Your Claim
Our firm can step in and directly help you build a case for compensation:
- Talk with witnesses and uncover other helpful evidence for your claim.
- Inspect the vehicles or request evidence from the trucking company, including electronic data, maintenance records, and freight information.
- Reconstruct the accident based on all available evidence so we can see how the truck caused your injuries.
- Coordinate with your medical team to better understand your pain and physical limitations.
- Stay on top of all deadlines to protect your rights.
- Handle communication with insurance companies about your injuries.
- Negotiate a settlement to cover your economic and non-economic damages.
- Litigate your truck accident case when settlement discussions falter.
Truck companies have some of the biggest law firms in the Midwest representing them after an every truck accident claim, and in truck accident cases they spend hundreds tens of thousands of hours trying to find ways to make insurance companies avoid paying you money for auto and complex truck accident cases too. You need someone who has your back.
What Causes Columbia, MO Truck Accidents?
Trucking with commercial trucks is a dangerous profession. Truckers must obtain a commercial driver’s license before they can legally get behind the wheel of commercial vehicles, and the federal government regulates the truck driver profession with federal regulations and countless rules. Nonetheless, too many accidents happen on the road to truck driver, and the main reasons for truck accidents include:
- Chemical impairment
- Drowsy driving
- Distracted driving, including texting and driving
- Going too fast for conditions
- Mechanical malfunction
- Overloaded trailer
- Shifting freight in the trailer
- Unsafe passing
- Trucker inexperience
- Failure to perform inspections on the vehicle
Unsuspecting motorists are seriously injured when an accident involving a large truck slams into them or forces them to drive off the road. Trying to recreate what happened in truck accident is complicated. We highly recommend that you reach out to your insurance company or a lawyer as soon as possible for assistance identifying the cause of the truck accident, and other factors involving the commercial truck in your wreck.
Who Can Our Truck Accident Attorney Sue for Compensation?
Truck accidents differ from car wrecks due to the number of people who might be injured party and be the potentially liable party or parties, for the various truck accident claims. At Call & Gentry, our Columbia truck accidents lawyers have sued:
- Truck drivers for negligence or drunk driving. Truckers must operate their vehicles with reasonable care, and they are liable when they fail to.
- Trucking companies for negligence. A trucking company can have independent liability when it is negligent in employment practices or fleet maintenance. Because they own the truck, the trucking company must ensure it is safe to drive.
- Freight companies for loading the freight carelessly. Imbalanced or unsecured freight can make a truck unstable, leading to a wreck even when the trucker is driving carefully.
- Truck mechanics and body shops. Negligent repair work endangers public safety.
- Truck manufacturers. A component part on the truck could fail due to a design or manufacturing defect, which makes the manufacturer liable for any accident caused by this defect.
In Missouri, fault in determining liability for a truck driver for accident injuries might be shared by the truck driver, at fault party, one, two, or three parties—including a truck driver’s employer. The good news about truck crashes is that in Missouri an employer is typically liable whenever an employee hurts someone on the job.
Our Truck Accident Attorney Helps Those Suffering the Full Range of Truck Accident Injuries
Heavy trucks generate considerable force, and they can gravely injure our clients in override, underride, jackknife, and head-on collisions. You might end up in the hospital with:
- Fractures, including rib fractures
- Head injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Neck injuries, such as whiplash and cervical fracture
- Dislocated joints
- Soft tissue injuries, including strains, sprains, and contusions
- Burns and abrasion injuries
- Back injuries
- Crush injuries
Pay close attention to how you feel in the days after an injury from a truck accident. Many people who are “fine” after an injury or truck accident will begin to experience pain within a day, which is a sign of serious injury.
Why Choose the Columbia, MO Truck Accident Lawyers of Call & Gentry?
With more than 50 years of collective experience, our legal team, stands head and shoulders above other law firms in Columbia, Missouri. When you hire us, you are getting a team of dedicated legal professionals who care about your wellbeing and who will listen compassionately as you describe your struggles.
Our firm has received multiple six-, seven-, and eight-figure settlements for accident victims and injured clients, which testify to our knowledge of the law. We bring unparalleled attention to detail and passion for service to every case we accept. Unlike other personal injury attorneys and “mills,” we only accept a case if we believe you have a real shot at winning, and we always keep you updated about your case so you feel involved in the process.
Meet One of Our Columbia, MO Truck Accident Lawyers
Were you injured in a truck accident? If you’re a truck accident victim, contact the Missouri trucking industry and truck accident lawyers of Call & Gentry Law Group today. Trucking companies and their insurers will immediately be on the truck accident scene collecting evidence following a wreck. Without legal help from truck accident lawyer, you will be fighting uphill for meaningful legal rights and financial compensation. You can schedule a free consultation with our experienced truck accident lawyers by calling us at your earliest convenience for truck accident cases. Injured in a Missouri truck accident? Call our Missouri truck accident lawyers in Columbia, MO today!
- Personal Injury & Wrongful Death
- Professional Licensing
- Family Law
- Family Law Mediation
- Criminal Law
- Jefferson City Business Litigation Lawyer
- Business & Corporate Law
- Governmental Relations & Contracts
- Unfair Wage & Labor Practices
- Litigation & Appellate Work
- Defense of Window & Door Manufacturers
- Missouri Medical Malpractice Defense
- Workers’ Compensation
Jason was great! Sheila, your communication was awesome!
Overall Excellent - not enough words to express how appreciative we are of you. You didn't treat us "clients." Please stay in touch Jason. We consider you a friend! ”
E.S. and B.S.
This was the first time I needed a lawyer, and the best experience!
It was a long process but Jason (and of course Sheila) were amazing! Thank you so much!
2nd Largest Settlement in the entire state of Missouri